Fireworks ordinance And Safety
As the 4th of July Holiday approaches, The Municipality of Norristown would like to share some information on the fireworks ordinance and safety tips to residents.
With the recent expansion of the Pennsylvania law to allow the sell of consumer grade fireworks, you need to know the facts. No one under the age of 18 is permitted to purchase fireworks. Fireworks cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without permission of the property owner. Fireworks cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building, toward a motor vehicle or building or within 150 feet of an occupied structure. Finally, fireworks cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Fireworks Safety Tips:
- Attend public fireworks displays and leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks, sparklers burn at nearly 1200 degrees and account for over one quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries.
- Never try to re-light or pick-up fireworks that have not ignited fully
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap
Fireworks Ordinance for the Municipality of Norristown
- Which fireworks are Pennsylvania residents now allowed to purchase and use?
- Who can purchase fireworks?
- What are the restrictions on where they can be used?
- Where can the fireworks be purchased?