DRINKING WATER PROBLEM CORRECTED
Boil Water Advisory Lifted for Pennsylvania American Water
Customers in Norristown System
Norristown, Pa (Sep. 4) Pennsylvania American Water said today that it is no longer necessary for customers in parts of its Norristown system to boil their water before use. Customers were notified on Sep. 2, 2019 to boil their water until further notice due to a water main break. We are pleased to report that the issue has been resolved.
This notice applies to customers in parts of the Norristown System.
Acceptable test results were obtained from samples collected on Sep. 2 and 3, and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has authorized lifting the advisory.
Prior to using the water, customers are advised to flush their household pipes by following these guidelines:
- Run all cold water faucets in your home for at least five minutes at one time with the highest water flow possible to prevent splashing or flooding of the drains
- Flush automatic ice makers, make three batches of ice and discard, clean and sanitize ice bin
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines specified in the owner’s manual
- Run water coolers with direct water connections for five minutes at the highest flow rate possible
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 113°F
- Commercial customers should flush adequately to turn over the water in their plumbing systems, including flushing their automatic ice makers and drinking water fountains
Pennsylvania American Water thanks its customers for their patience and cooperation during this event. For more information, contact Pennsylvania American Water’s customer service center at (800) 565-7292.
Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
Pennsylvania American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.4 million people. With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,100 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to more than 14 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PWS ID Number: PA1460046 Date issued: September 4, 2019
# # #
Maggie Sheely, External Affairs Manager
Pennsylvania American Water
852 Wesley Drive
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055