Montgomery County Department of Public Safety
Based on forecast information from US National Weather Service Philadelphia/Mount Holly, a Code Blue Cold Weather Health Emergency has been declared effective immediately and ending on Thursday, November 14th at 10 AM. During this time period, the temperature and wind chill are expected to be at or below 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
Residents of Montgomery County who need emergency shelter during a Code Blue can call the Your Way Home Call Center at 2-1-1 or text their zip code to 898-211.
WHAT TO DO IN "CODE BLUE" CONDITIONS
- Check on elderly friends and neighbors frequently to ensure that their homes are adequately heated.
- If you see someone in need of immediate emergency assistance, call or text 9-1-1.
- If you or someone you know needs help with temporary shelter from the cold weather or a longer-term housing issue, call Your Way Home at 2-1-1 or text 898-211.
- Make sure your car is winterized with antifreeze, a full tank of gas, properly inflated tires, and is stocked with an emergency kit.
- Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Wear appropriate clothing and avoid prolonged exposure when going outdoors in winter weather.
- Limit pets' time outdoors during extreme temperatures.
- Report power outages directly to your utility company; DO NOT call 9-1-1.
For more information, visit www.montcopa.org/CodeBlue.