Crandall O. Jones was appointed as Municipal Administrator of the Municipality of Norristown, PA, on August 20, 2013.
He is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of ENOSHA Management Services, LLC, a management development consulting firm that facilitates organizational and individual excellence. In this capacity Jones has facilitated retreats, provided interim management, managed organizational development projects and presented on various topics related to management and organizational development for both public and private sector clients.
Jones also serves as Adjunct Professor at the Villanova University Department of Public Administration, where he teaches an Effective City Management course.
Public Administration Career
A native of Cordele, Georgia, Jones is a career public administrator who has 29 years of experience in a successful public service management career that has included achievement and service at the municipal, county, state and national levels—from his beginnings in local government with the City of Savannah, Georgia, to his current position in Norristown.
Mr. Jones has over 30 years of economic analysis, project management, cost analysis and budgeting experience. He also possesses excellent management, proposal development and grant writing abilities.
These talents have been honed through his extensive knowledge of and experience in working in municipal, county, state and federal governmental systems. This expertise is evident in the broad range of executive positions he has held over the years, including:
- Serving as City Administrator for the City of Seat Pleasant, Maryland
- Holding the position of Executive Director of the National Organization of Black County Officials (NOBCO), a national non-profit organization
- Being appointed as the first Executive Administrator of the Florida Commission on Minority Economic and Business Development
- Serving as County Manager in Chester County, South Carolina and Jackson County, Georgia and City Manager of East Point, Georgia
In his various capacities, Mr. Jones has generated and recaptured millions of dollars of revenue through:
- Grant writing and proposal development
- Reducing operating costs and increasing employee performance
- Controlling expenditures
- Reducing legal and safety liabilities
- Creating highly successful economic development programs and alliances
He has facilitated the creation of educational programs and projects around the nation and planned and convened six national economic development conferences around the United States.
Mr. Jones holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a Master of Public Administration degree, both from Georgia Southern University. Other professional involvement and achievements include:
- Acquiring the designation of Credentialed Manager from the International City and County Management Association (ICMA)
- Serving as a board member of the Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown, PA
- Founder of ENOSHA Management Services, LLC
- Achieving the Credentialed Manager designation from the International City County Management Association (ICMA)
- Member of the Association for Pennsylvania Municipal Management (Conference Planning Committee)
- President, Montgomery County Consortium of Communities (MCCC)
- Board Member, Norristown Chamber of Commerce
- Member, SEPTA King of Prussia Rail Advisory Committee
- Co-author, In Our Own Words: A Story Untold: From Segregation to Integration to Assimilation 1965-1985: 21 Essays by Georgia Southern University’s Black Alumni
- Founder, Alpha Phi Alpha Scholarship Endowment, Georgia Southern University
- Co-founder, First 500 Scholarship Endowment, Georgia Southern University
- Being certified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Born in Albany, Georgia, as the second of six children, Mr. Jones is married to Letha McCombs Jones, a native of Savannah, Georgia. They have three children, Shavonne, Ethan and Noah.