Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Place a carbon monoxide detector near the sleeping area. A second detector should be located near the heating appliance. At least one CO detector should be battery powered.
Get out and call 911. Do not waste time opening windows, this could be deadly. It also allows firefighters to respond with sensitive equipment to trace the source.
Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms can mimic the flu. Headaches or feeling better when you leave your home are also possible symptoms.